Here’s an Action Plan to Get Your Glow On!
Are you planning your wedding or other big event and want to look your best?
Getting your skin Photo Op Ready for any engagement takes time. At RX Aesthetics, we recommend you begin at least six to twelve months in advance to prepare your visage to shine for an important milestone in your life.
It all starts with The Consult.
Your first step to rejuvenating your skin is to book with us or your provider to get a full assessment of your skin’s condition. We would like to see you well in advance to allow adequate time to identify your issues, understand your goals, and deliver your desired results.
In your consultation, you will meet with highly trained injectors and aestheticians who will develop a custom treatment plan to achieve the best possible look for your wedding day or another significant event.
We will select from an arsenal of impactful procedures and treatments in three main practice areas:
Injectables ~ These treatments can enhance the structural nuances of your face.
- Botox and Dysport injections can help to reduce pronounced wrinkles and lines.
- Our Restylane line of hyaluronic acid-based fillers instantly build facial volume and provide fullness to temples, cheeks, nasolabial folds, jawline, and lips.
- Sculptra builds overall volume gradually over time.
We will tailor your treatment plan to reflect your goals and budget. Your schedule will also allow you time to experience treatments well in advance to ensure you’re satisfied with the results. We can then do a refresh at the appropriate time as your event draws near.
Facial Treatments ~ We offer various go-to services to improve the condition of your complexion.
- Our Chemical Peels will balance your skin tone and reduce hyperpigmentation and sun damage. We will hand-pick from various strengths and issue-specific formulas to address your skin’s unique condition.
- Micro-needling procedures offer powerful ways to even out texture and reduce scarring.
- A must right before your wedding is a Radiance Hydrafacial to create a crystal-clear complexion for flawless makeup application and lasting power throughout your event.
Home Care ~ We always recommend to our clients a core baseline treatment regimen that includes:
- Vitamin C serum applied every morning to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and the firmness and brightness of the complexion. We suggest SkinCeuticals’ CE Ferulic for normal aging skin, Phloretin CF for aging skin prone to hyperpigmentation, and Silymarin CF, which reduces oil production in acne-prone skin.
- A Retinoid product applied every three nights, gradually working up to every night as tolerance builds, to encourage skin turnover. We recommend Alastin’s Retinol .25 for new users or those with highly-sensitive skin. Retinol .5 is suitable for longer-term users and those with more tolerant skin.
- Daily use of sunscreen with at least SPF 30. Our two favorites are Alastin’s SilkSHIELD All Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30, which is loaded with peptides to help with anti-aging while protecting against damage from UV Rays and blue light. SkinCeuticals’ Daily Brightening UV Defense Sunscreen SPF 30 delivers broad spectrum UV protection in a lightweight, residue-free formula that also helps with hyperpigmentation.
If you do nothing else after reading this blog post, follow this regime! It is the Secret Sauce to great routine skin care.
We carry carefully curated lines of medical-grade skin care products to support your specific treatment plan. (Please read our blog post on the importance of medical-grade skin care products here.) And it is always a great idea to keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water, especially leading up to The Big Day!
We also suggest to patients with medically-problematic skin conditions such as severe acne, eczema, psoriasis, and other serious conditions to book a dermatology appointment at least nine to twelve months out. You’ll have time to get robust treatment plans to address your routine care and any stress-related episodes.
It really does take time to do wedding prep skin care right and to make sure you schedule procedures to allow treatments to have the time to heal. We’ll cover all of this in your consult, but please check in early, as we can significantly improve your skin’s condition, so you are positively radiant for your event and beyond!
As always, thank you for being part of the RXReset family. We get so many great post ideas, including this one, from our blog readers. Please keep your feedback, questions, and ideas for future topics coming to email@example.com. We love having you as a part of our RXA community.
Your Team at RXA